Making the play-dough for the January 26, 2019 Creator Faire and following this recipe again! Hope to make a mess with you on Saturday between Noon and 4:00PM at 3880 Cypress Drive in Petaluma.
It’s really fun to mix a few simple ingredients together and then watch them transform into something completely different!
There are a ton of different yet similar homemade play-dough recipes online but after testing several over the past 5 years, my son and I both prefer this recipe best.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil or oil of your choice
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of cream of tartar
- 1 – 1/2 cups of boiling water
- food coloring (optional)
- Mix the flour, salt, cream of tartar and oil in a large bowl
- Add food coloring to the boiling water, stir and add to the dry ingredients
- Stir continuously until it become a sticky dough
- Allow to cool slightly before taking it out of the bowl and vigorously knead the mixture until all the stickiness is gone
- Add more flour if…
View original post 334 more words