It’s really fun to mix a few simple ingredients together and then watch them transform into something completely different!
There are a ton of different yet similar homemade play-dough recipes online but after testing several over the past 5 years, my son and I both prefer this recipe best.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil or oil of your choice
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of cream of tartar
- 1 – 1/2 cups of boiling water
- food coloring (optional)
- Mix the flour, salt, cream of tartar and oil in a large bowl
- Add food coloring to the boiling water, stir and add to the dry ingredients
- Stir continuously until it become a sticky dough
- Allow to cool slightly before taking it out of the bowl and vigorously knead the mixture until all the stickiness is gone
- Add more flour if necessary
Many parents worry about the mystery ingredients often found in store bought play-dough but as you can see above, this recipe uses only “put everything in my mouth phase” friendly ingredients!
Now, I don’t recommend anyone actually eat this for lunch but an accidental snack won’t result in you calling poison control.
Continue reading for a few quick tips and an opportunity to win one ticket to the January 27, 2018 Creator Faire.
The Creator Faire is the annual hands-on exploration of the art and sciences. It’s open to the public and fun for all ages.
Families with children of all ages are invited to play with this play-dough in the toddler area at the Creator Faire on Saturday, January 27 from Noon – 4:00pm.
In the comments below or on this Facebook post, tell us which other color play-dough to make for the Faire and be automatically entered to win one ticket to attend the event and play with all the colors for free!!!
Just like the recipe, winning a ticket is super easy!!!
We will randomly pick and post a winner from the combine comments sections around 10:00am on Saturday, January 20, 2018.
The winner will need to pick up the ticket on the East side of Petaluma before Friday, January 26.
This giveaway is not affiliated with Facebook.
Sharing this blog post or the event link is welcomed and encouraged but not necessary to win!!!